Learn Cantonese! Sheik aims to help you speak, read and write Hong Kong Chinese.
It is a treasure trove containing
- thousands of printer-friendly Chinese reference sheets which are meant to fit into an A4.
- revision aids including online quizzes, Chinese cross word puzzles, word search
- tips for learning Cantonese
- book reviews
- Discussion forums
- useful links to other resources
- Lots of essays too to help you understand the nature of Cantonese including a very helpful article “Difficulties for western students”
- interviews with some people who have met with success in learning Cantonese.
The most popular resource would be the unique Cantonese dictionary CantoDict. a collaborative project with volunteers around the word adding and editing entries.
This website is a labour of love, created by Adam Sheik in 2003 when he first typed out and published his Cantonese class notes. The site has a very quaint design, probably not deviating much from when it was first created over 15 years ago. But it does provide a good resources, especially the CantoDict. which may account for most of the 8000+ visitors a day.
I found the Cantonese dictionary CantoDict most useful, and some of the essays informative about learning about Cantonese.