There is a famous classical Chinese poem by by 杜枚, a leading Chinese poet of the late Tang dynasty
Cantonese Recital of the Poem
cing1 ming4 si4 zit3 jyu5 fan1 fan1 ，
lou6 soeng5 hang4 jan4 juk6 tyun5 wan4 。
ze3 man6 zau2 gaa1 ho4 cyu3 jau5 ，
muk6 tung4 jiu4 zi2 hang6 faa1 cyun1 。
During Ching Ming, it is raining continuously.
Travelers on the road are weary
Asking, where can one locate a tavern
A cowherd points to a distant village far yonder
The Poem in Music
I just discovered this famous Poem has been set to song, music by Wei Ran 韋 然.
Credit: 清明 曲 : 韋 然 詞 : 杜枚 韋然補作 唱 : 黃耀光 周慧敏
Download the free printable Ching Ming 清明 Poem. With and without Jyutping.
You might also enjoy reading:
- Ching Ming Festival 清明節 in Hong Kong – Cantonese Resources
- Thoughts in the Silent Night Poem in Cantonese 靜夜思唐詩(粵語) and Moon Shining Bright Nursery Rhyme 床前明月光粵語兒歌
- Our collection of Cantonese nursery Rhyme and Songs (Each come with a free lyrics printable. )
- Cantonese Storytime and Book Reading on YouTube
- How To Read To Your Child When Your Cantonese Is Not Fluent
- Colloquial Cantonese Kid’s Educational Resources and Printables