Mother’s Day is almost upon us! Here’s a compilation of various Mother’s Day themed Cantonese resources, ranging from cartoons to book readings, activities and printables to Cantopop.
1. Book Readings
2. Mother’s Day Cartoons
3. Mother’s Day Trivia
4. Mother’s Day Songs
5. Mother’s Day Craft and Activities
Check out the craft from Hing Hing Sone Sone Cantonese school. Lots of templates and videos on their blog.
If you have older kids, you can also consider making mom a floral arrangement.
6. Mother’s Day Vocabulary
Here is a YouTube playlist of Mother’s Day Cantonese videos with book reading, songs, craft etc.
7. Mother’s Day Printables
Colouring worksheets from Michigan Cantonese Storytime
Practice writing sheet from Michigan Cantonese Storytime
Mother’s Day cards and printables from Spot of Sunshine 好陽光. Email address required.
Mother’s Day booklet from Fortune Cookie Mom. There are 8 language versions available, one of which is Traditional Chinese with Jyutping. Scroll to bottom of post. Email address required.
8. Mother’s Day wishes and things to say
我愛媽咪／媽媽ngo5 ngoi3 maa1 mi1 ／ maa1 maa1 – I Love Mummy
媽媽／媽咪, 我愛你 maa1 maa1 ／ maa1 mi1 , ngo5 ngoi3 nei5 – Mummy, I love You
母親節快樂 fmou5 can1 zit3 faai3 lok6 – Happy Mother’s Day
媽媽／媽咪祝你節快樂 maa1 maa1 ／ maa1 mi1 zuk1 nei5 zit3 faai3 lok6 – Mummy, Wish you a Happy Father’s Day
And for the Grandmas…
我愛婆婆 ngo5 ngoi3 po4 po4 – I love (Maternal) Grandma
我愛嫲嫲 ngo5 ngoi3 maa4 maa4 – I love (Paternal) Grandma
婆婆, 我愛你 po4 po4 , ngo5 ngoi3 nei5 – (Maternal) Grandma, I love You
嫲嫲, 我愛你 maa4 maa4 , ngo5 ngoi3 nei5 – (Paternal) Grandma, I love You
9. 真的愛你 Really Love you
This is a song by Beyond, my favorite band. It speaks about a mother’s love. This is one of my favorite songs, and I just want to take this opportunity to share it with you.
Happy Mother’s Day! 母親節快樂!
You might also enjoy reading about :
- Covid-19 Resources for Children in Chinese and Cantonese
- Why it is hard for many ABCs to pass on Cantonese?
- Reading in Cantonese to Your Child – Storytelling (口語) or Story Reading (書面語)?
- Our collection of Cantonese nursery Rhyme and Songs (Each come with a free lyrics printable. )
- Free Online Chinese Textbooks and Course Materials
- How To Read To Your Child When Your Cantonese Is Not Fluent
- Colloquial Cantonese Kid’s Educational Resources and Printables
- Cantonese Cartoons on YouTube