Here are some simple activities to help your child learn Valentine’s Day related vocabulary in Cantonese.
Give someone a Valentine in Cantonese
With less than a week to Valentine’s Day, here are some cute and easy Valentines for your child to give to families and friends. Or you can even use them as flashcards, to teach your kids heartfelt phrases in Cantonese and Chinese.
Download the free printable here – Valentine’s Day Card in Cantonese and Chinese.
Learn Some Cantonese Vocabulary
|祝你||Wishing you||zuk1 nei5|
|情人節快樂||Happy Valentine’s Day||cing4 jan4 zit3 faai3 lok6|
|我愛你||I Love you||ngo5 ngoi3 nei5|
|你最勁||You are awesome (Colloquial)||nei5 zeoi3 ging6|
|你最棒!||You are awesome (Standard Chinese)||nei5 zeoi3 paang5 !|
|我鍾意你||I like you (Colloquial)||ngo5 zung1 ji3 nei5|
|我喜歡你||I like you (Standard Chinese)||ngo5 hei2 fun1 nei5|
|你係我嘅好朋友||You are my good friend (Colloquial)||nei5 hai6 ngo5 ge3 hou2 pang4 jau5|
|你是我的好朋友||You are my good friend (Standard Chinese)||nei5 si6 ngo5 dik1 hou2 pang4 jau5|
|好珍惜我哋之間嘅友情||I treasure our friendship (Colloquial)||hou2 zan1 sik1 ngo5 dei2 zi1 gaan1 ge3 jau5 cing4|
|非常珍惜我們之間的友誼||I treasure our friendship (Standard Chinese)||fei1 soeng4 zan1 sik1 ngo5 mun4 zi1 gaan1 dik1 jau5 ji4|
|親愛的||Dear (used in letters and cards)||can1 ngoi3 dik1|
I Love you 我愛你 Chinese Character Tracing
Teach your kid to write the words 我愛你 (ngo5 ngoi3 nei5) and the phrase repeatedly to you.
Download the free printable – I Love you 我愛你 Chinese Character Tracing.
Fun fact: White Day 白色情人節
Have you heard of White Day on March 14? The Chinese term for White Day translates to White Valentine’s Day. Watch this Chibu maruko-chan 樱桃小丸子 episode to learn more.
For more info on White Day, check out
- White Day (wikipedia)
- What is White Day? 5 important facts 白色情人節係咩嚟？關於白色情人你要知嘅5件事！(Cantonese only article by Cosmopolitan Hong Kong )
Christian Valentines in Chinese
Free printables can be found in this blogpost – Valentine’s Day : Chinese Scripture cards – Verses about Love.
Other Valentine’s Day craft and activities to explore (external links):
- Valentine’s Day Cards in Chinese, Korean, and English by Chalk Academy (includes free printable in Chinese)
- Free Printable Chinese Valentines for Kids 情人節卡片 by Spot of Sunshine (includes Free Printables in Chinese)
- Chinese Valentine Themed Learning Shelf by Spot of Sunshine ( 7 simple activities for kids)
- Cantonese Mommy Valentine’s Heart wreath
You might also be interested in
- Valentine’s Day : Chinese Scripture cards – Verses about Love
- How to Create a Cantonese-Rich Environment
- 輕輕鬆鬆廣東話Hing Hing Sone Sone Cantonese Learning Programme
- Cantonese Music for Kids (lyrics printable)
- Cantonese Kids Resources on YouTube series
- Colloquial Cantonese Kids’ Educational Resources and Printables
- Colours in Cantonese 顏色（粵語）: Vocabulary lists and worksheets