Christmas – a time for celebration and festivity, joy and hope peace and goodwill – some say it is the most wonderful time of the year.
I’ve gathered various Christmas themed Cantonese teaching activities and other resources, some from around the web, and some specially developed, for your family to enjoy this festive season.
- Including Peppa Pig, Hello Kitty, 櫻桃小丸子.
- Nativity stories in Cantonese
- Includes a few playlists found on YouTube
- Lyrics of more than 10 popular Christmas Carols in Cantonese including free printables with Jyutping
- Lots of popular Hong Kong songs by various artiste including Jacky Cheung, Eason Chan, McDull…….
Christmas Vocabulary compilation
- Three pages of comprehensive Christmas Vocabulary in Cantonese (Free Printable) that covers the a wide range of Christmas phrases, from the usual phrases such as Christmas Tree and reindeers to those in popular culture such as The Grinch.
- Two pages of Christmas Vocabulary in Cantonese- Christian (Free printable) that cover Christian activities and nativity story
This pretty poster was created by CantonSponge, one of my favourite blogs for teaching Cantonese. She has lots of other teaching resources that she generously shares.
Cantonese Practice Writing Sheets
- These worksheets are being released one a day, and can be downloaded form the Michigan Facebook page. It comes with Jyutping and cute graphics. You can also crop them to make flashcards
Christmas Craft and Activities
- Here’s some that I developed for my kid including a nativity colouring scene, Christmas ornaments with vocabulary, Jesse calendar, and Christmas countdown.
- Includes video instructions (in Cantonese), and templates to make Christmas ornaments, cards, mini Christmas trees and Christmas wreathes.
- These are crafts that help boost exposure to Chinese (not Cantonese specific) with many free printables available in standard Chinese.
Christmas in Hong Kong
Every country celebrates Christmas differently, and Hong Kong is no exception. Here are some articles about Christmas in Hong Kong (external links):
- How do Hong Kong People Celebrate Christmas? (Video)
- 5 Things to Do During Christmas in Hong Kong
- Christmas in Hong Kong
- Ultimate guide to a perfect Christmas in Hong Kong
Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! 祝大家聖誕快樂, 新年快樂!
You might also enjoy reading:
- Free Leveled Readers with Colloquial and Formal Cantonese Audio
- Our collection of Cantonese nursery Rhyme and Songs (Each come with a free lyrics printable. )
- Free Online Chinese Textbooks and Course Materials
- Colloquial Cantonese Kid’s Educational Resources and Printables
- Cantonese Storytime and Book Reading on YouTube
- How To Read To Your Child When Your Cantonese Is Not Fluent