‘Tis the Season to be Jolly! Here’s some Cantonese Christmas Carols playlists to get into the festive spirit. You can also search for more on YouTube wuith the following search terms: 粵語聖誕歌 (Cantonese Christmas Song) and 粵語聖誕詩歌 (Cantonese Christmas Hymns). You might need to really search through the results, as it would be a mix of Mandarin Christmas songs, hymns, even English Christmas songs.
Seven cute Christmas songs with subtitles – the Cantonese versions of Jingle Bells, Santa Claus, Joy to the World, Rudolph the Red Nose reindeer, Silent Night, Bells Ringing and Frosty the Snowman.
Beautifully illustrated video of a medley of Christmas songs with 1.全家一起來睇燈飾, 2.聖誕燈飾閃又閃 and 3.聖誕老人來了 by 奇世界奇音樂
A playlist of 18 songs with lyrics subtitles, by Bear Music International
A playlist of 14 Christmas songs with subtitles. Songs might be a mix of Cantonese and English in a song.
The quality of these are not very clear, as they are converted from a …..cassette tape, but they have lyrics for all the songs in the descriptions. Including them here for those who remember this from their childhood.
This playlist of Cantonese Christmas Hymns out there are really a diverse assortment, because they are so many different ones on YouTube, and they are hard to distinguish from other worship hymns, Mandarin songs, songs for Easter etc. Hence there is this diverse compilation of Cantonese specific songs.
Anything else I should include?
If you have any other good channels and playlists for Cantonese Christmas songs that you would like to recommend, please feel free to leave comment below. I will continue to update this post with more resources.
Please check out our other Cantonese Kids Resources on YouTube:
- Cantonese Storytime and Book Reading on YouTube
- Cantonese Cartoons on YouTube
- Cantonese Nursery Rhymes 粵語兒歌 on YouTube
- Cantonese Bible Stories on YouTube
- Cantonese Christian Kids’ Songs 粵語兒童詩歌 on YouTube
- Cantonese Stories 粵語兒童故事 on YouTube
Please also check out our other Christmas posts:
- Christmas – Cantonese Teaching Activities & Resources 粵語聖誕教材
- Christmas Ornament Printable with Cantonese and Chinese vocabulary
- Nativity 耶穌誕生 Colouring Sheet with Chinese vocabulary and Jyutping
- Christmas: Faith-Based Advent Calendars and Jesse Trees
- Christmas Countdown Calendar Printable 聖誕節倒數日曆
More to come this festive season – please check back frequently. If there is anything in particular you hope to see, please also leave a comment below. Thanks!